1. Enjoy delicious salt-rimmed Margaritas and chips & salsa at Cha Cha’s Cantina in Shockoe Slip. Insider Tip: From 4pm – 7pm, the Margaritas are only $4!
2. After you pay your tab at Cha Cha’s Cantina, head to Havana 59 in Shockoe Bottom for the freshest Mojitos in RVA. I suggest the Mango Mojito. Order a Cuban Sandwich ($17) and you have the perfect lunch.
— Jerry Miller (@JerryMillerNow) August 6, 2016
3. When you finish at Havana 59, walk back up Shockoe Slip to The Omni Hotel Richmond. Check-in for the evening, and enjoy the sweeping views of RVA from your 14th floor bedroom suite.
100 S 12th St, Richmond, Virginia 23219
Website | Photo: Omni
4. After you have napped, showered and sipped an RVA IPA at The Omni Hotel bar (Trevi’s Lounge), take an Uber to Social 52 Kitchen & Craft Bar in The Fan. Social 52 has a robust craft beer list, especially Virginia-based beers.
5. Once you have finished drinking your Virginia-brewed beer at Social 52, trot over to Acacia Restaurant (it’s about a 5-minute walk) for the best scallops in Richmond. I also suggest the crabcakes (served with cheddar cheese grits and asparagus) and the fried oysters appetizer (served with Southern coleslaw and spicy mayo). These three dishes are absolutely divine and are indicative of why Richmond, Virginia is one of the culinary capitols of the East Coast!
— Jerry Miller (@JerryMillerNow) August 7, 2016
6. Grab an Uber to Saison in Jackson Ward for craft cocktails. Saison was recognized as the Best Cocktail Program in the 2016 Elby Awards. I suggest a Bulleit Bourbon Old Fashioned. It’s a wonderful cocktail for hot summer months.
7. Once you have enjoyed a craft cocktail or two at Saison, Uber back to The Omni Hotel in Downtown RVA. This Uber ride will cost less than $10. Head to Trevi’s Lounge (the bar inside The Onmi) for a nightcap. Ramón, the bartender at Trevi’s Lounge, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet!
8. Be sure to leave your curtains open inside your bedroom suite. The Omni Richmond offers a breath-taking sunrise, which is why you want to book an upper-level suite.
9. Conclude this majestic 24-hour whirlwind in RVA with brunch at “Lunch and Supper” in Scott’s Addition. I suggest The Train Wreck ($8.50). This dish features two buttermilk biscuits topped with housemade sausage, scrambled eggs, American cheese, all smothered with sausage gravy. It’s one of the best brunches in RVA!!
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, Publisher (see all)
- 10 Reasons We Love The Greenberry’s In Harrisonburg, Virginia! - November 27, 2018
- Jerry Miller Gives Keynote Speech For Painting & Decorating Contractors Association At Greenbrier Resort - September 24, 2018
- 11 Awesome Spots For Onion Rings In Virginia! - June 26, 2018